an email to comment or to receive Taxpayer's Watchdog Group, Inc. email
forget these meeting dates:
“Never doubt that a small group of
thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s
the only thing that ever has.”
For the most recent articles go to our blog
- 11/12/13 -- Hospice Coming Soon? No building permit & taxes due
- 11/01/13 -- Washington Park School up for Auction
- 09/09/13 -- EMS Committee Report &Recommendations
- 05/16/13 -- Is the City of Monticello Running out of Water? JCWSA thinks so.
- 05/14/13 --BOC Determined to Close Landfill
- 05/13/13 --BOC Wants to Privatize EMS
- 05/08/13 --Community Service Program to Pick up Trash, Budget Discussion, New Motorgraders, Public Works Raises BOC Meeting, May 6, 2013, Part II
- 05/07/13 --JCWSA, Old Washington Park School, Recreation Plan- BOC Meeting, May 6, 2013, Part I
- 04/25/13 - Is Jasper County's ISO Rating in Jeopardy--Fooling the State with Fire Equipment that doesn't work
- 04/13/13 - Wes Chester, Rec Director, Terminated
- 04/05/13 - March Check Register reveals some interesting expenditures
- 03/10/13 - If You Can't Maintain the Fire Equipment You Have, Just Buy New
- 03/01/13 - Why doesn't Jasper County Fire Engine #4 Respond?
- 02/22/13 - Who is in charge of Preventative Maintenance at the Fire Station?
- 02/16/13 - Jasper County BOC to Aquire Old Washington Park School Building
- 02/16/13 - Clerk of Courts, Probate, and Magistrate to receive increased budget--a reward for continued overspending?
- 02/13/13 - Jasper BOC could learn from City of Monticello meetings
- 01/30/13 - County Attorney gives BOC conflicting advice on similar problems
- 01/10/13 - Job Openings--Accounting Manager & Animal Control Director
- 01/10/13 - Code Enforcement Needs to Stay Active in Problems Areas
- 11/18/12 - Newton County BOC to Discuss Bear Creek Reservoir 11/19/12
- 08/08/12 - Animal Control Committee Report--Questions of animal treatment by the Animal Control Director, Kelley Bowen
- 08/07/12 -The Good Old Dog--his only mistake was being taken to JC Animal Control Shelter
- 07/22/12 - Dan Jordan, Clerk of Courts, never lets the facts get in the way of defending Magistrate Ken Jackson
- 07/18/12 - EMS Investigation or Cover-up?
- 07/17/12 - Candidates for July 31 Primary--Forum Synopsis- Who said what?
- 07/12/12 - T-SPLOST--Facts on the 1% Tax Increase
- 06/30/12 - Cats Found Starving and in Filth at Animal Control Shelter
- 06/28/12 - Lack of Proper Care and Dead Kitten Found at Animal Control Shelter
- 03/20/12 - County Manager Creates Hostile Work Environment
** To keep the taxpayers of Jasper County,
Georgia informed as to where and how their tax dollars are being
** To keep the taxpayers
abreast of local policies and laws being discussed and enacted.
** We advocate more open
government, less government spending, and lower property taxes.